Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Desire To Be Known

We all have a desire to be known, not just recognized by our name or our looks, but to be truly known for who we are as a person. So where does this desire come from? I believe it comes from God, as we are created in His image, and He, like us desires to be known.

I guess we could say the Bible is God's autobiography. It tells us everything God wants us to know about Himself, and more. He tells of His relationships with His children and how much He loves them. He tells us about His enemies and why they hate Him so much. He tells us of His character, His likes and dislikes, He talks about His past, and His plans for the future. From Genesis to Revelation it's all about Him and His view of relationships and life, and how He designed them to be.

Many times I have found myself believing one thing about God, only to find out, what I thought wasn't really true. I came to realize, I kept trying to make Him into the god I wanted Him to be and placing Him in a box of my making, and not the God He is, who can not be contained in a box.

The more I learn about God, the more I see His Holiness, but along with that comes a deeper understanding of my own sinfulness before Him, which in turn makes me appreciate the sacrifice He made for me all the more.

No comments: